Reader Information-Who Can Vote and How to Vote:
Voting is open to all eligible Golden Sower readers in the state of NEBRASKA through public libraries and school library media centers.
- To be eligible to vote, a reader must have read or heard a minimum of four of the current nominees within one category: Primary, Intermediate, or Young Adult.
- Readers may not vote for books they have not read or heard.
- Each reader may vote for only one (1) book. Each reader may vote from only one (1) list.
Voting deadline is APRIL 15. Votes submitted after April 15 may not be included in totals
- Some third grade readers may prefer books in the primary category and others may enjoy titles on the intermediate list, third grade students may choose the list from which they would like to read and vote accordingly.
- Some sixth grade readers may prefer books on the intermediate category and others may enjoy those titles on the yound adult list, sixth grade students may choose the list from which they would like to read and vote accordingly.
GSA Program Director Information--Submitting Votes :
- Participating teachers, librarians, and media specialists should:
Only one (1) completed submission per category should be submitted per school or library
On-line vote submission begins on November 1
When the voting site is open (November 1 through April 15), links for submitting vote totals in each GSA category are posted here.
Directions for online vote submission and Voting FAQs are posted for your convenience.
Votes must be received by APRIL 15. Submissions madeafter April 15 may not be included in final count.
- encourage every eligible reader to vote for his/her particular favorite
- choose a method of collecting votes; voting booths, secret paper ballots, show of hands. Paper ballots are printed in the Golden Sower Award Manual for convenience.
- total individual votes by title
- submit each title total on-line on behalf of their program participants
Questions regarding Primary and Intermediate voting may be directed to email@example.com.
Questions regarding Young Adult voting may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.